Every once and a while we have a conversation that starts like this: “You know what I miss?”
As you might imagine these conversations flirt with the line between cathartic and not helpful at all. But, today we are just going to go for it and let you know what we miss about Texas. In no particular order…
Drum roll please……
- YOU! We miss you. Really a lot.
- Customer service. Seriously. It is maddening that it is acceptable to glare in the direction of a customer and never speak or smile.
- Restaurants that aren’t in the mall.
- Automatic transmissions. Shifting is for the birds.
- CHEAP gasoline…and also that is called gasoline. :) Really though America, don’t complain about your gas prices.
- Current movies
- An oven
- Fountain drinks
- Mexican food. I’d settle for salsa that isn’t Old El Paso or sweet.
- Target. Duh
- American Public Holidays
- Clothes Dryer!!! (!!!!)
- Not worrying that frogs are in your shoes.
- Cell phone contracts and internet contracts–airtime is for the birds too.
- YOU!! We miss you. Really a lot.
We love you Texas.